It is important for Livermore residents to become involved and to make their voices heard on this important downtown development issue. There are a number of ways to do so:
• Attend the Citizen's Forum at the beginning of the City Council meeting and voice your views.
o The next City Council meeting is October 10th at 7pm in the Council Chambers at 3575 Pacific Avenue.
o Please let us know if you can come. Best to come at 6:30pm to get a seat.
• Vote! This is an important election for the City of Livermore. Six candidates are competing for two seats on the City Council, two incumbents and four challengers. Our group is not endorsing any single candidate, but we ask that citizens learn about their stances on the downtown development plans in order to make informed voting decisions.
o Here are the listings of the candidates: http://tinyurl.com/livermoreCouncilCandidates
o Here's an interview with all six candidates: http://tinyurl.com/councilCandidatesInterview
• Send The Independent a Letter to the Editor
o Email email@example.com -- Letters can be submitted any time before Tuesday noon for Thursday paper.
• Send the East Bay Times a Letter to the Editor.firstname.lastname@example.org
• Participate in Nextdoor, Facebook and other social media
• Help us disseminate information about this issue
o Talk to your friends and family (our flier can be downloaded **here**)
o Copies of the flier can also be requested by contacting us on the home page of http://vibrantlivermore.com/
o Hand out fliers on downtown development at ArtWalk in downtown Livermore, Saturday, October 8, 11 am - 5 pm
o Hand out fliers at the Sunday Farmers’ Market
o Volunteer with us. For more on this contact us at http://vibrantlivermore.com/
• Attend the Public Forum for Tri-Valley City Council Candidates; Thursday, October 13; Firehouse Arts Center, Railroad Avenue Pleasanton; Dublin 6 pm - 6:45; Pleasanton 7 - 7:45; Livermore 8 - 8:45
• Attend the Public Forum sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce, 7 - 9 pm, October 25, Robert Livermore Community Center, 4444 East Avenue, Livermore…
• Give us your ideas on how to best reach out to Livermore citizens.